A Lincoln Financial Services account holder has recently passed away. What should I do?
We are very sorry for your loss. Our Peace of Mind Program offers options for Qualified Parties (see definition below) to keep or dispose of a financed or leased vehicle.
Options under the Peace of Mind Program are:
- Individuals on the contract may continue under the existing terms.
- Qualified Parties may choose to pay off the Retail Installment Contract or Lease Contract. The option to purchase may not be applicable to all lease contracts. Please see the original Lincoln retailer.
- Retail Installment Contract: Outstanding balance information may be found in Account Manager or by contacting us.
- Lease Contract: Outstanding balance information may be obtained from your local Lincoln Retailer.
- Qualified Parties interested in assuming the contract may contact us for a Transfer of Equity or Lease Application.
- Qualified Parties may return the vehicle to a Lincoln Retailer within 60 days of the customer’s death. Lincoln Automotive Financial Services will not pursue any remaining obligation on the contract.
Qualified Parties are defined as:
- Any other individual on a contract (Note: Commercial accounts do not qualify for Peace of Mind)
- The deceased customer’s estate representative
- The spouse or next of kin if the deceased customer has no will or if the estate has elected not to go through probate
- Designated beneficiary/transferee listed on the death certificate or vehicle title
Retail or lease contracts dated prior to January 1, 2016, and commercial accounts do not qualify for the Peace of Mind Program. Please contact your customer service representative for assistance.