WHAT ARE LINCOLN ENHANCE SOFTWARE UPDATES?
THE BENEFITS OF LINCOLN ENHANCE SOFTWARE UPDATES
GET STARTED WITH LINCOLN ENHANCE SOFTWARE UPDATES
1. CONNECT TO WI-FI
2. SET A RECURRING SCHEDULE
3. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
IN-VEHICLE LINCOLN ENHANCE SOFTWARE UPDATE ICONS
ACCEPTING LINCOLN ENHANCE SOFTWARE UPDATES
Should you choose to turn your Automatic Updates OFF but keep Notifications ON (manual setting), you will not receive Lincoln Enhance Software Updates automatically, and you will be prompted to accept the update. Look for the Black arrow pointing down at the horizontal bracket indicating a Lincoln Enhance Software system update on your in-vehicle screen Click on the icon when it appears to learn more.
Even if you have Automatic Updates ON, there are some occasions when an update needs your permission to continue. When this happens, a Locked padlock icon by a black arrow pointing down at the horizontal bracket will appear on your in-vehicle screen to indicate permission is required to update. Click or tap on the icon to learn more and accept the update.
There are two ways to accept updates:
From your SYNC® screen:
1. Press the Update Available icon in the status bar
2. In the status information menu, press Update Available
3. Accept the update by pressing Update
Or from your SYNC screen:
1. Press Settings
2. Press System Updates
Note: Depending on your vehicle, this could be on the second or third page of Settings
3. Press Update Details
4. Accept the update by pressing Update
Note: If Automatic Updates and Notifications are OFF, your vehicle will not receive any updates. This means your vehicle will not receive any new features or critical updates via Lincoln Enhance Software.
CHANGE AUTOMATIC UPDATE SETTINGS
Your vehicle will arrive with Automatic Updates ON. However, you do have the ability to set them to manual. We recommend keeping Automatic Updates toggled to ON for the best update experience.
2. Press System Updates
Note: Depending on your vehicle, this could be on the second or third pages of Settings
3. Toggle Automatic Updates to your preference (ON or OFF)
A SYSTEM THAT CONTINUOUSLY EVOLVES WITH YOU
Things to note before you begin
1. Only vehicles with SYNC 3 can update over Wi-Fi.
2. You can use all of your SYNC system's capabilities during the update.
3. If the update is interrupted for any reason, it will continue where it left off the next time it connects to Wi-Fi.
4. Your vehicle doesn’t have to be running for the update to start and/or complete.
5. You must use an external Wi-Fi for this update. You cannot use your phone or vehicle's hotspot.
6. A strong Wi-Fi signal is recommended for best performance.
1. Turn on your vehicle. If this is the first time you’ve used SYNC 3, or you’ve recently done a Master Reset, you may be prompted to enable automatic updates.
2. Connect to a trusted Wi-Fi network by going into Settings > Wi-Fi.
3. Select your network and enter the password.
4. Once you are connected, go back to Settings and select the General button, then tap Automatic System Updates.
5. After the scan completes, verify that the "Last Checked for Updates" date displayed on the screen reflects today's date and time.
6. If there is an update available, it will begin to download in the background.
7. A confirmation message will appear on your screen when the download and update are complete. The length of time may vary, but your vehicle does not need to be running for the update to occur.