Roadside Assistance FAQ
Get to know all of your Lincoln Roadside Assistance benefits.
What is my coverage period?
Can I transfer my coverage?
What is covered?
Roadside Assistance will . . .
- Mount your spare if you have a flat tire
- Jumpstart your vehicle
- Unlock your vehicle if you are locked out (doesn't include the cost of making spare keys)
- Tow your vehicle to the nearest Lincoln or Ford Retailer (unlimited distance), or to your selling Retailer if it’s within 160 km
- Provide up to 10 litres of fuel
In the event that you use a service other than Lincoln Roadside Assistance, we may reimburse you up to a maximum of $100.00 per disablement.
All coverage is limited to vehicles using publicly maintained roads (excludes off-road use, logging roads, etc.) and adjacent sites, and any other locations, which in the discretion of the service provider constitutes a publicly travelled thoroughfare.
Please note that the Lincoln Roadside Assistance is a complimentary service. In the event that your new vehicle limited warranty is voided in whole or in part, your Roadside Assistance coverage may be limited and/or terminated by Lincoln Motor Company without notice. Lincoln Motor Company may terminate your Lincoln Roadside Assistance coverage at any time for any reason. There is no refund available to you in the event of termination.
Items excluded from coverage
- Parts, tire repairs, rental of towing equipment, storage fees, or any labour performed at a garage or service station
- Any form of impound towing by other than a licensed service station or garage
- Parts involved in lock-out service
- Assistance from private citizens
- Lincoln Roadside Assistance coverage is not a warranty, but a service provided to you by Lincoln to minimize any unforeseen vehicle operation inconvenience. All service operators providing service are independent contractors and are not employees of Lincoln. Therefore, Lincoln Roadside Assistance does not assume any liability for any loss or damage to your vehicle or your personal property resulting from the rendering of such service.
- Any loss or damage is the sole responsibility of the servicing facility and should be reported to the proprietor of the facility and your own insurance company within 24 hours and prior to any repairs being carried out.
What do I do if I have a breakdown?
Please have the following information ready:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) (Your VIN can be found on the driver’s side of the dashboard, near the windshield and on the driver’s side door jamb.)
- Vehicle make and model
- Vehicle colour
- License plate number
- Your current location
What if I require assistance when I’m far from home?
You may qualify to receive an Emergency Travel Expense Reimbursement should your vehicle become disabled due to collision or mechanical breakdown while you are more than 160 km from your residence address. We may reimburse you up to $1,000 (in total), for the following reasonable emergency expenses (when not covered by insurance):
- Local lodging and meals
- Vehicle rentals from bona fide rental agencies (excludes gas expense)
- Commercial transportation to your destination, and return trip after repairs are completed
Coverage period is the lesser of: date of vehicle disablement up to three (3) days in total, or the time at which your vehicle is repaired.
Going on a trip? We’d love to help you plan!
When you plan your next road trip, our Travel Planning Centre will provide detailed information on the most time-saving or scenic routes to your destination. This no-charge service includes easy-to-follow maps, a highlighted travel planner specific to your route and destination, travel tips, driving information and other useful material to make your trip easier and more enjoyable. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery.
Contact us for assistance
Concierge and Roadside Assistance